What Tools I used:
- Leather Pricking Iron 4x 1,5mm (Global // Germany) or a simple leather awl.
- Tiger Thread 0,6mm, Color: Cream (Google Search // Germany)
- Two Leather Needles (Global // Germany)
- Optional: Leather Glue (Global // Germany)
- Optional: Edge Slicker (Global // Germany)
- The cutting pattern
I used a 1mm natural calfskin leather (no dye) – it’s best if you buy this locally so that you can actually see and feel the leather.
A quick video run-through:
A few tips
- How to do a saddle stitch
- For this project don’t leave 5mm space from the edge to the stitching, rather go for 2mm or even 1,5mm.
- Leather can be folded very well when damp. Just use a wet cloth to dampen the area and fold. Putting some pressure on (eg placing books on the piece overnight) will make the crease settle in.