How-To: Make a leather sunglasses case
Buy cutting template (5$)
What you’ll need
- A pair of hole punch pliers (Amazon US Link) or an awl.
- A button stud of your liking (Amazon US Link)
- A piece of thick leather (1.5–2mm)
- A thik thread (0.5 – 0.7mm)
- Two needles
- The cutting template
- Cut out the cutting template and place it on your piece of leather.
- Draw around the cutting template and mark the holes for stitching.
- Cut the shape with a sharp pair of scissors.
- Punch the holes with the hole punch tool or an awl.
- Do your sewing as shown in the video above with a saddle-stitch
- Punch the hole for the button stud and the corresponding hole on the closing flap.
- Mount the button stud! Done!
The cutting template
You can download my pattern for a price you choose. The pattern should fit for most RayBan Glasses and I’ve also tested a pair of Persols, but I cannot guarantee that it’ll fit for your pair of glasses.
Buy cutting template (3$)